Barker Ryan Stewart is fully committed to delivering environmentally sustainable outcomes to help our communities prosper and grow.
We provide our services based on our detailed understanding and commitment to sustainable design and practices. No matter the scope of your project, we are dedicated in helping you develop cost-effective and sustainable solutions.
Our professional team has a broad range of experience in providing sustainable design services. We have completed a wide variety of development applications for metal recycling, construction recycling, and e-waste facilities. This has also included preparation of a State Significant Development application for a large-scale metal recycler.
- EnviroDevelopment certification
- Green travel plans
- Water balance reports
- Water sensitive urban design
- Water quality management plans (NORBE assessment and MUSIC modelling)
- Wetlands design and rehabilitation
- Waste management plans
- Site remediation and rehabilitation
- Soil erosion and sediment control design and management
- Riverbank stabilisation and rehabilitation
We are a corporate member and proud supporter of the Urban Development Institute of Australia’s (UDIA) EnviroDevelopment Professional program. EnviroDevelopment is a scientifically based independent rating system that recognises developments that have satisfied a high standard of sustainability requirements from concept through to completion. These certifications are determined through six key factors – ecosystems, waste, water, energy, community engagement, and materials. Barker Ryan Stewart can assist by managing the certification process and liaising with the UDIA and consultant team to ensure all necessary criteria have been satisfied for successful lodgement of your application. Why should I seek EnviroDevelopment certification?
- To positively contribute to the future of the environment
- Add value to your project
- Help save ongoing costs
- To cater for the market demand for sustainability
What type of developments can be certified?
- Residential (including subdivisions, masterplanned communities, and multi-unit developments)
- Commercial and industrial
- Healthcare and seniors housing
How we promote sustainability
- We are committed to the 'War on Waste' initiative and have run various campaigns to promote sustainable practices to our clients and community.
- We have successfully established the ‘Walk, Ride, Share – Reduce School Traffic’ program with the aim of reducing traffic congestion around schools during peak times, by encouraging students to walk, cycle, carpool, or catch public transport to and from school.
- We actively measure, reduce and offset our greenhouse gas emissions, with the aim of becoming a Carbon Neutral company.